Superior Gasket is a self-centering, creep resistance PTFE (Teflon ®) ring gasket. It is made by accurately positioning a wide perforated 304 stainless steel reinforcement ring in the midst of the totally encapsulating PTFE sealing material during molding. The exceptional performance of Superior Gasket is guaranteed by a stringent quality control program that includes spark testing for voids at 20000 volts and visual inspection of every single gasket. Advantages of Superior Gasket over other gaskets of the same category are owed to PPM's innovative process that achieved the highest creep resistance in its products, to the specifications of the insert used, and to the use of premium quality PTFE resin:
· Maximum confinement force on PTFE due to using a stainless steel core with higher number of perforations exceeding 100 perforations per inch2.
· Optimized equal sealing capability on both sides of the gasket ensured by molding equal thickness of PTFE on both sides of the core.
· Excellent gasket OD dimensions, that meet machined gasket tolerances, ensure ideal self centering of the gasket within flange bolts and perfect ID dimensions prevent cavitation.
· Maximum blowout protection and resistance to creep
ensured by covering the whole sealing area of the flange with the insert. This
is achieved by using a wider core with higher number of perforations, accurate
centering of the core in the center of the gasket and to the proper processing
· Seats easily and seals at low torque due to its flatness, and withstands high torque without rupture due to its excellent resistance to creep.
· Predictable performance of Superior Gasket results in uninterrupted plant operation between scheduled shutdowns and reflects its cost effectiveness.
· Superior Gasket retains all other favorable characteristics of unfilled PTFE: non-stick characteristic of its surface eliminates the need to scrape flanges; compatibility with virtually all chemicals; tolerance to a wide range of operating temperature.
FDA approval of Superior Gasket to contact food and its cleanliness render its use ideal in the food and pharmaceutical industries and permit its use in the semiconductor industry. Superior Gasket is available from 1/2" through 24" for standard pipe flanges. It is stocked for 150# and 300# flange rating in standard thickness of 3/32" and 1/8". Tooling is available to produce any thickness between 1/16" and 1/4". Full face and non-standard sizes can be made upon request.
Chemical Compatibilty Of Superior Gasket
Due to its high performance, cost effectiveness and FDA approval to contact food, Superior Gasket is used in pharmaceutical plants, food processing, pulp and paper mills, chemical processes, petroleum industries, resin manufacturing and other critical applications.
The total encapsulation of the stainless reinforcement with PTFE broadens the applications of Superior Gasket to all chemicals that PTFE is compatible with, virtually all. Superior Gasket is also compatible with other chemicals not listed below. If in doubt, please contact PPM for verification.
Mercury Methyl ethyl ketone